Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Camp Bow-Wow

I was driving down 70 on the West side of Durham and saw this sign for Camp Bow-Wow. I had to do a U-turn and look at it again. Never heard of it. So being the nosy dog person that I am, I had to follow the signs.

I arrived at this industrial building that had all the units in one building section - here was Camp Bow-Wow.

So I got out of the car, went in and asked for a tour.

According to their website, "Camp Bow Wow is an upscale boarding facility designed just for man's best friend! We give your pups the freedom to play all day with other campers or to just hang loose and relax with our certified counselors. Both day and overnight camp are available."

It was a really neat place and felt like an actual camp with a log-cabin/camp feel to it. I was told it was a "chain" and others would be opening soon. According to their website, there are two in Durham. One at 1710 Page Road And. and the other at 4310 Bennett Memorial Road. Two more are scheduled to open, one in Charlotte and one in Cary - can't believe Durham has something Cary doesn't.

I thought it was a bit pricey - but let me tell you, you would never even know there was a dog in the place it smelled so good. I figured if I ever had to go out of town this might be a good place to take my dogs. If you average out the fact that you have to have your dog groomed after boarding it because they smell so bad you don't want them in the car on the way home - it isn't a bad price. But... to my disappointment, my "kids" aren't allowed.

Camp requirements - You must be at least 4 months old, Spayed or Neutered (if over six months) and current on vaccination for Rabies, Distemper and Bordatella (canine cough). You must be in good health, flea/tick free, friendly to all dogs, and generally love to play.

So having show dogs, they are not neutered, not invited, etc. Can't even board them at the place. Even if don't want them to do the "play" part of the visit.

Bummer.... but if your pet is neutered, I would strongly suggest looking at this place for your pet. It is really, really clean.

No comments: